Commercial Sales Director (job ref : CSD-050615)
Our client is a well-established and highly successful software business with a prestigious customer base, recognised widely for their innovative and pioneering applications. We are searching exclusively on their behalf for an outstanding commercial sales director with an excellent sales track record of achievement in the software and business-to-business sector, who is used to working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
This role will report to the MD and board with responsibility for developing and managing a sales pipeline for the commercial sector. The position is newly created as a result of successful business growth and will require hands on sales activity and extensive travel within the UK and occasionally overseas.
- Sales and new business development, winning and developing new business, commercial prospects and the development of a full sales pipeline.
- Research newly defined sectors and develop effective strategies to promote the company and products, plan sales campaigns and lead business growth within those sectors.
- Achieve and sustain future growth of the customer base and the accomplishment of revenue and margin targets.
- The maintenance of accurate sales and activity records within the CRM database and the completion of required sales and management reports.
- Negotiation of client and company bid and tender terms.
- Production and delivery of proposals, bids and tenders and the successful project management of these processes.
- A proven track record of selling to national and international accounts in the software sector.
- Excellent business acumen and commercial skills, with a documented track record in sales and working as a member of a leadership group.
- Be target and results driven, committed to delivering great customer service and passionate about exceeding targets.
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong software and IT skills along with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to learn and understand the company’s products and demonstrate them to others from a non-technical perspective.
- Be a self-starter with excellent time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- A strong account management background recognised by colleagues as an “A” player.
- Be able to build strong and lasting team and peer relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and personal impact skills with a can-do attitude.
Salary is C £75,000 plus car allowance and uncapped bonus
Please send your updated CV to [email protected]