Engineer (job ref : ENG-290515)
Our client is searching for an engineer with a proactive attitude, you are looking to make the next step on the career ladder and be given the opportunity to grow and gain new experiences with good salary and plenty of opportunity.
You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of multi-disciplined duties along with any plumbing and general handyman activities as required at any of the premises managed by their Company.
Our client is a is a multi-disciplined facilities management services provider with a well established customer base. With a fully computerised Help Desk, all our client's systems and processes have been approved to the Internationally recognised ISO 9001 quality standard.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be :
• Carry out general building maintenance, weekly inspections, ad hoc repairs, plumbing duties and other general handyman activities.
• Carry out general Health & Safety duties including monthly temperature, emergency lighting and annual drain down tests in compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
• Ensure contractors comply with their contractual obligations within the contract spec
• When on call monitor phone and respond to all call outs in a timely fashion.
• Carrying out electrical planned maintenance activities, ensuring equipment is kept running and in good working order
• Carrying out repairs related to electrical/mechanical plant and equipment
• Carry out check of building fabric condition and carry out repairs on a weekly basis.
• Clearing of toilet blockages.
• Carrying out general handyman and repair activities must include plumbing, carpentry skills. Touch up paintwork and decorations as required.
Qualifications and Experience :
• Must have excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining commercial building plant and systems.
• Time served apprenticeship in relevant electrical or mechanical trade
• Full UK driver’s license
• 17th Edition + be familiar with current electrical regulations
• Must hold current valid CSCS Card or Equivalent i.e. ECS with Health Safety and environment test.
• DBS check (The company will apply for this on behalf of the successful candidate. The candidate must however, gain this clearance to continue employment with the company)
You will be working 40 hours per week plus overtime, participate in on call rota. Tuesday – Saturday early/late days but may change dependant on workload & requirements, work predominantly in West London, part of a team of engineers.
• Competitive Salary £24K
• 25 days annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Training and progression available
• Mobile phone provided,
• Access to company vehicle when required
Please send your updated cv to firstname.lastname@example.org