Mechanical & Electrical Engineer (job ref : MEE-290515)
Our client is looking for an Experienced Mechanical & Electrical Engineer to be based in West London and will be reporting to the Engineering Team Leader.
You will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of mechanical and electrical duties along with any plumbing and general handyman activities as required at any of the premises managed by their Company.
Our client is a multi-disciplined facilities management services provider and their principals have over 50 year’s experience in the field. With a fully computerised Help Desk, all our client's systems and processes have been approved to the Internationally recognised ISO 9001 quality standard.
Your key duties and responsibilities will be :
• Daily plant walk to check condition and operation of all plant and equipment.
• Carrying out any planned maintenance, subsequent remedial repairs and installations on electrical (inc. certification), mechanical and HVAC plant.
• Carry out general building maintenance, weekly inspections, ad hoc repairs, simple plumbing duties and other general handyman activities.
• Carry out general Health & Safety duties including monthly temperature, emergency lighting and annual drain down tests in compliance with the Company’s Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
• Ensure contractors comply with their contractual obligations within the contract spec
• When on call monitor phone and respond to all call outs in a timely fashion.
• Ensuring assigned work is completed within requisite timescales and the client is satisfied with the work carried out
Qualifications and Experience :
• Must have excellent diagnostic , problem solving skills
• Must have excellent knowledge and experience of maintaining commercial building plant and systems, sourcing parts and services and dealing with suppliers on a daily basis
• Time served apprenticeship in relevant electrical or mechanical trade
• Full UK driver’s license
• 17th Edition + be familiar with current electrical regulations
• Must hold current valid CSCS Card or Equivalent i.e. ECS with Health Safety and environment test.
• Experienced at using BMS i.e. TREND 963
• DBS check (The company will apply for this on behalf of the successful candidate. The candidate must however, gain this clearance to continue employment with the company)
You will be working 40 hours per week plus overtime, participate in on call rota. Tuesday – Saturday early/late days but may change dependant on workload & requirements, work predominantly in West London, part of a team of engineers.
As you will get benefits :
• Competitive Salary £32K
• 25 days annual leave
• Annual performance related bonus
• Training and progression available
• Mobile phone provided,
• Access to company vehicle when required
If you interested with this role please send your updated cv to email@example.com