Structural Project Engineer (job ref : IUT-160415)
Adept is a professional structural engineering consultancy, with over 50 years of experience, they offer services to the construction industry throughout the U.K. and abroad. With their accumulated experience and a passionate drive to excel in all commissions, they have built a thriving practice. The company strives to perform to the highest standards and adhere to stringent quality assurance criteria accredited under ISO 9001.
They are now looking for a Senior Structural Engineer for their offices in Birmingham.
You will carry out structural analysis and design of building structures up to 5 - 6 storeys in either timber or light gauge steel.
Other areas of analysis and design you will be expected to undertake include foundations, concrete and masonry. Most of your projects will be UK based but overseas work may appear from time to time. So that you will have the opportunity to change your work scenario. The role is mostly office based but site visits and out of office meetings can be expected. You will spend time in the office but you will also experience changes in your daily routine. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel will be desirable to produce project related documents
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Interpreting and delivering the structural brief
- Technical content of projects
- Supporting in the planning and programming of technical delivery
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes
- Support in developing the structural teams' technical ability
Essential qualifications :
• HNC Civil engineering or B Eng.
• 4-5 years structural design experience.
• Competent in the use of AutoCAD and structural design software (CADS & CSC Tekla).
• Conversant with both BS & EC design codes for timber, steel, concrete, & masonry.
If you’re experienced in designing in timber frame, SIP’s, CLT or LWS would be an advantage but not essential.
Salary is £25,000 - £40,000 depending on experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com